Here are the Summer 2020 Community Innovation Grant Recipients
Headwaters recently awarded Community Innovation grants, totaling $303,500, to 21 organizations. An ongoing partnership with Saint Paul-based Bush Foundation made the grants possible.
The investments will help grantee partners and their communities find more effective, equitable, and sustainable solutions to challenges and opportunities.
Program Director Melissa Rudnick said, “Communities across Minnesota need time, space, and resources to thrive. These grants are just one piece of that overall toolkit, and I’m so pleased Headwaters can show up in this way.”
The 21 Community Innovation Grant recipients are:
- African Career and Education Resource, Inc.
- Afro American Development Association
- Autism Society of Minnesota
- City of Lakes Community Land Trust
- Elliot Park Neighborhood, Inc.
- Envision Community
- Frogtown Neighborhood Association
- Grassroots Indigenous Multimedia
- InquilinXs UndiXs por Justicia
- Manidoo Ogitigaan
- Midwest Mixed
- Minnesota Voice
- Native American Community Development Institute
- Native Governance Center
- Navigate MN
- Penumbra Theatre
- Reviving the Islamic Sisterhood for Empowerment
- Philando Castile Peace Garden
- Unite Cloud
- West Side Citizens Organization
Headwaters accepts Community Innovation Grant applications online. Please visit our website for updates about the next grant cycle, tentatively scheduled for early 2021.
Organizations that are interested in larger grants should apply for a Community Innovation Grant through our partners at the Bush Foundation.