Inhabitants at my residence:
My partner Sean, our dog Abby, and a lot of Sean’s awesome art projects!
Start date and current position with Headwaters:
April 13, 2015, Senior Program Officer
What inspires me:
People and nature
Favorite place I’ve ever lived or traveled to:
Santa Cruz, California
Motto or Personal Mantra:
I love this quote from Nelson Mandela: "To be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.”
I’m happiest when:
I’m a part of an amazing hope-filled community working towards social, racial, economic, environmental justice AND/OR I’m outside on a sunny day with family and friends.
The Top 3 Highlights of my Life:
1) Getting to do work I love (Headwaters!!)
2) My family, friends and community
3) Being part of COR – a multi-faith, multi-racial community organizing initiative of Bend the Arc: A Jewish Partnership for Justice, the Poverty Initiative at Union Theological Seminary, the American Muslim Civic Leadership Institute, and JOIN for Justice.
People would be surprised to know:
1) I whole heartedly believe in colorful language as a way of expressing passion and dedication to the cause
2) Fizzy water is the way to my heart
If I could do it all over again, I would:
Eat more vegetables
Before I die, I would like to:
Travel to Greece; volunteer with a campaign for water rights; worry less; and learn to dance tango.