Name: Jacob Neis
Hometown: Eden Prairie, MN
Inhabitants at my residence:
In Eden Prairie: my mom Cathy, my dad Tim, my brothers Michael and Alex and our dog Oliver
In New Haven: my roommate Emma and our houseplant Figgy
Start date and current position with Headwaters:
Started June 6, 2016; Program Intern
What inspires me:
I’m inspired by all of the awesome work our grantees are doing to make Minnesota a better place to be.
Favorite place I’ve ever lived or traveled to:
Motto or Personal Mantra:
“One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words.” – Goethe
I’m happiest when:
I’m happiest when I’m skimming new school books in late August.
I’m proudest of:
I’m proudest of and treasure the relationships I have with the people in my life.
The Top 3 Highlights of my Life:
1) Summers growing up spent at my grandparents’ cabin near Annandale, MN
2) Spending a summer learning French in Paris
3) A seven-day camping trip I took with fellow pre-frosh just before college that gave me two of my best friends
People would be surprised to know:
1) I played in a rock band for all of one middle school summer.
2) I used to whistle so incessantly that a teacher threatened to enter me in an international whistling competition.
3) I entered college as a math major and ended up comp lit.
If I could do it all over again, I would:
Pick up another instrument (probably the cello).
Before I die, I would like to:
Learn to cook beyond variations on pasta, sauce and rice.