Headwaters Foundation for Justice is proud to announce the following Community Innovation Grant grantees. We are thrilled to award a total of $136,500 to 14 organizations that are pursuing innovation, equity, and justice in their communities. Headwaters offers Community Innovation Grants through a partnership with the Bush Foundation.
Thank you to our incredible volunteer leaders and community members who make up the core of our community-led grantmaking process.
Community Innovation Grants
Headwaters is pleased to offer Community Innovation Grants three times per year. Grantee organizations use problem-solving processes to lead to more effective, equitable and sustainable solutions to community challenges. Grants range from $500 to $10,000 and support organizations working to develop, test, and implement new approaches.
Congratulations to the following grantees:
- Autism Society of Minnesota
- Bdote Learning Center
- Community Stabilization Project
- Frogtown Neighborhood Association
- Hallie Q. Brown Community Center Inc.
- Hispanic Outreach Program of Goodhue County
- Hmong American Farmers Association
- Iraqi and American Reconciliation Project
- Jewish Community Action
- Kaleo Center for Faith, Justice & Social Transformation
- People’s Press Project
- Reviving the Islamic Sisterhood for Empowerment (RISE Inc.)
- Somali Museum of Minnesota
2016 Community Innovation Committee Members: Julia Davis, Alyssa Hawkins, Takara Henegar, Shawntan Howell, Jo Lum, Patrice Relerford, Maria Salas and Shoua Salas.
The next round of Community Innovation Grants will open on Wednesday, September 21 and close on Wednesday, October 5, 2016 at 5pm. We strongly encourage all potential applicants to attend an information. Click here to RSVP.
For more information, contact Senior Program Officer Melissa Rudnick.