Headwaters Foundation for Justice is proud to announce the following Community Innovation Grant recipients. In partnership with the Bush Foundation, we are thrilled to award a total of $126,124 to 13 organizations who are pursuing equity and justice in their communities.
Community Innovation Grants
In partnership with the Bush Foundation, Headwaters is pleased to offer Community Innovation Grants three times per year. Grantee organizations use problem-solving processes to lead to more effective, equitable and sustainable solutions to community challenges. Grants range from $500 to $10,000 and support organizations working to develop, test, and implement new approaches.
Congratulations to the following grantees:
- Ananya Dance Theatre – Minneapolis
- Asian American Organizing Project – Saint Paul + Worthington
- Bemidji Area Indian Center – Bemidji
- Family Tree, Inc. – Saint Paul
- IN Equality – Saint Paul
- Karen Organization of Minnesota – Marshall
- Lao Assistance Center of Minnesota – Minneapolis
- Men As Peacemakers – Duluth
- Project Fine – Winona
- Rural Renewable Energy Alliance – Backus
- The Power of the People Leadership Institute – Robbinsdale
- Voices for Racial Justice – Minneapolis
- WaterLegacy – Northeast Minnesota
Thank you to our incredible volunteer leaders and community members who make up the core of our community-led grantmaking process. 2016 Community Innovation Committee Members: Babatope Adedayo, Margie Jo Eun Joo Andreason, Emma Buechs, Julia Davis, Alyssa Hawkins, Takara Henegar, Julia Opoti, Patrice Relerford, and Amee Xiong.