If you share our mission and values, we want to work with you. Our staff members are organizers, facilitators, creatives, and advocates who show up for each other to advance their Headwaters goals. Organizational culture is something we actively shape together as a team, encouraging leadership and collaboration at all levels.
Our Guiding Principles
- Courage: Takes action and chooses to be brave, even—and especially—when it’s difficult and requires vulnerability.
- Racial Justice: Defined as “equitable and fair treatment of people of all races.” Proactively reinforces policies, practices, attitudes, and actions that produce equitable power, access, opportunities, and outcomes.
- Action: Takes actionable steps to collaborate with others to achieve individual and collective goals.
- Progress: Holds oneself to high standards regarding the quality of their work and strives for continued improvement.
- Humility: Acknowledges what they do not know and approaches others with curiosity, a spirit of learning, and deep respect.
- Integrity: Aligns their actions with their words and operates with transparency.
- Gratitude: Acknowledges and shows appreciation for others.
- Collective Liberation: Shares a commitment to the goal of liberation for all people from all forms of oppression. Recognizes that all our struggles are intimately connected, and that we must work together to create the world we know is possible.
Personal and Professional Development
Holistic wellness is a priority at Headwaters, and we are committed to developing the talents, skills, and leadership of our team. We have systems and practices in place that help staff be and do their best. We offer flexible professional development and wellness dollars; ten hours of professional development time each month; and a six-week sabbatical after five years of employment.
Benefits, Holidays, and Paid Time Off
Headwaters offers excellent benefits. This includes 100% of employee-only and 90% of employee plus family and dependent health and dental insurance; a 401K retirement plan with a five percent employer contribution after a 90-day probationary period; and a flexible spending account. Headwaters also offers generous time off for professional development, holidays, sick time, and vacation.
We observe all Federal holidays in addition to a winter break between Christmas Eve Day and New Year’s Day. Headwaters supports staff who celebrate other personal and religious holidays.
It is important for all staff to step away from work to renew themselves. That is why Headwaters provides generous paid time off: personal days, 12 sick days, and 20 vacation days. We observe a four-day workweek each summer.
We are looking for an Executive Assistant to the President. This person will support the President and act as a liaison to HFJ's Board of Directors. They will manage the President’s calendar and other projects; make the President’s travel arrangements; and prepare documents and other logistics for board meetings, among other duties. The assistant, along with the whole HFJ staff, creates a work environment that is open, welcoming, and respectful of the many communities we serve.
The salary range is $57,000 - $69,000. To apply, please attach your cover letter and resume as PDFs in an email with Executive Assistant as the subject line to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application deadline is Sunday, August 15, 2021.