Operations and Development Associate
The Operations and Development Associate has the responsibility of ensuring that the administrative activities within the Foundation run efficiently and contributes in driving organizational growth.
Administrative and Operations
- Process and manage all accounts payable for the Foundation (including coding, filing, and ensuring all invoices are paid accurately and on-time)
- Assist Operations Director with budget management and reporting
- Conduct monthly reconciliation to ensure data quality and consistency
- Lead and support staff in use of program management software (Asana)
- Process incoming mail daily
- Purchase all office supplies and troubleshoot technology for all staff
- Keep designated staff informed of important matters which require action or attention
- Provide support to Executive Director and Board of Directors as needed
- Update policy and procedure manuals as needed
- Manage donation and pledge process with Raiser’s Edge
- Process all pledge payments and recurring donations on a monthly basis and conduct follow up
- Prepare and process donor stewardship and acknowledgement letters
- Manage Raiser’s Edge and NXT to ensure data quality
- Assist and coordinate all development events for the Foundation
- Assist with logistics, communication, and mailings for development campaigns
- Prepare fundraising and giving reports
- Other duties as assigned
- The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of work experience and an associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to skillfully handle multiple assignments, establish priorities and procedures, and attention to detail.
- Strong writing and copy-editing skills.
- Experience working with Raiser’s Edge, managing databases, websites, and email systems
- Proficiency with current office/computer technology.
- Ability to independently manage tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to apply critical thinking and problem solving.
- Competent with Microsoft Office product suite, especially Outlook, Word and Excel.
- A commitment to Headwaters’ mission and values.
- Willingness to advance strategic goals and outcomes established by the board and the executive director.
- Self-motivation and flexibility.
- Compliance with all operating policies and procedures of Headwaters.
- Strong interpersonal skills, commitment to a collegial work style, and mutual accountability.
- Ability to work with a diverse team and constituency across lines of race, ethnicity, class, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability.
- Ability to work as part of cross-organizational teams on special projects.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary range $41,500 - $47,000. Excellent benefits package, including health insurance, retirement, and vacation days.
Headwaters Foundation for Justice is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women, people of color, Indigenous people, LGBTQ persons and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Regular work hours are weekdays 9am-5pm. Some evenings and weekends required.
Submit a cover letter and resume in an email with Operations and Development Associate in the subject line to Operations Director Julie Remmelts, email@example.com. Application closed on Friday, August 16 at 5PM.